The "Mt. Ding - Mt. Shiti" is a very beautiful and leisurely trail in the eastern part of the Yangmingshan National Park. The combination of carpet grass and lush peacock pine forest gives visitors an experience of riding a train through green fields and a green tunnel. The peacock pine forest is reminiscent of a Moso bamboo forest and is a very comfortable and tranquil casual hiking trail.
- Fengguikou → Silvergrass Trail → Peacock Pine Forest Area → Mt. Ding → Mt. Shiti → Qingtiangang
*This is a public trail, but part of it includes walking on a motorway; please evaluate your physical ability.
* Road conditions: Slow and steep slopes, flat roads, shady tree trails, and other roads; total length: approximately 6 km.
- Peacock Pine Forest: Walking into the peacock pine forest, the quiet and tranquil atmosphere is at once relaxing and refreshing.
Mt. Ding & Mt. Shiti: 360-degree panorama of "Mt. Qixing", "Qingtiangang", "Mt. Huangzui", "Mt. Dajian," and "Mt. Dajianhou." Glimpses of Mt. Zhuzi and Mt. Xiaoguanyin between the dense forest, and plains.
Visitors should bring：
- Backpack, drinking water (at least 1000ml), lunch, hat, lightweight raincoats. [Essential]
- Camera, binoculars, any personal medicines, hiking stick (or long umbrella). [Optional]
- A joyful heart [essential]; please clean up and dispose of any waste in garbage cans to protect our environment.
- Getting there: MRT Jiantan station → S18 bus → Tingyuxuan → Fengguikou
- Coming back:
1. Qingtiangang → 108 shuttle bus →Yangmingshan bus station → R5 or 260 bus → MRT Shilin or Jiantan station
2. Qingtiangang → S15 bus → MRT Shilin or Jiantan station
3. Qingtiangang → 108 shuttle bus →Yangmingshan bus station → S9 or 230 bus → MRT Beitou station
Information provided by: Chongyan Wudian ecology studio