- Bailaka saddle trailhead → Mt. Datun main peak → Mt. Datun south peak → Mt. Datun west peak → Miantianping → Qingtian Temple trailhead
- Total distance 5.4 km, average grade 15-18 degrees, the entire journey takes approximately 4 hours and 20 minutes.
The main peak boasts a height of 1,092 meters and has a second-order triangular station. This triangular station is not open to the general public so visitors usually use the wooden pegs in front of the Datun Navigation Station (Civil Aeronautics Administration) as the summit point. On top of Mt. Datun main peak visitors can enjoy a panoramic view of the Taipei metropolitan area and the surrounding mountains. To the east one can see Mt. Qixing and to the south, a bird's-eye view of the Datun south and west peaks as well as the mouth of the Tamsui River. It is the best spot to watch the “Datun sunset” and the “Datun sea of clouds” and a great spot for butterfly watching in the summer, silver grass flower viewing in autumn and star-gazing on a clear night.
- Erziping Bus Stop: 108 (Park Bus)
- Qingtian Temple Stop: S 6 (Beitou to Qingtian Temple)
- Yangmingshan main bus terminal: Red 5 (MRT Jiangtan Station to Yangmingshan), 108 (park bus), 260 main line (Dongyuan, Taipei Main Station to Yangmingshan)
- Yangmingshan Stop: Red 5 (MRT Jiangtan Station to Yangmingshan), 230 (MRT Beitou Station to Yangmingshan), 260 main line (Dongyuan, Taipei Main Station to Yangmingshan), S 8 (Shipai to Zhuzihu), S 9 (Fuxing Stop to Zhuzihu), Royal Bus (Taipei to Jinshan)
* Get on 108 park bus at the Yangmingshan main bus terminal
National Highway No. 1 → exit at the Chongqing North Road (Taipei) Interchange→Chongqing North Road→Jhongjheng Rd→Yangde Blvd.→ Yangjin Highway →County Highway 101A (Bailaka Road)→ Mt. Datun Mountain Pass Parking Lot
- Mt. Datun Mountain Pass Parking Lot (opposite the Mt. Datun trailhead)
- Mt. Datun Park Parking Lot No. 1 (right / northbound)
- Mt. Datun Park Parking Lot No. 2 (left / southbound)
- Mt. Datun Parking Lot (next to the Datun visitor center, for disabled persons only)
- Erziping Parking Lot No. 1 (entrance of Mt. Datun traffic lane)
- Erziping Parking Lot No. 2 (opposite Parking Lot No. 1)